Become a Volunteer Colorado Springs
The Need for Volunteers in Colorado Springs and Teller County
Our local CASA program offers a volunteer opportunity like no other. As appointed representatives of the court, CASA volunteers are empowered to make a lifelong difference in the lives of abused and neglected children.
Local CASA volunteers advocate for nearly 1,000 children per year but many are still in need of advocacy. Our volunteers are an amazing force for good, but we need more of them. Our vision is that every child who needs a volunteer will have one. With your help, we can reach that goal. Volunteer Colorado Springs.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs)
- Supervised Exchange and Parenting Time (SEPT) Program Volunteers
- Specialized Volunteer Opportunities
- Administration/Special Events/Professional Services
Become a Volunteer
As a CASA volunteer, you will be able to work with competence. All of our advocate volunteers are thoroughly trained in courtroom procedure, social services, the juvenile justice system, high conflict domestic relations cases, and the special needs of abused and neglected children.
We welcome volunteers from all cultures, ethnic, and educational backgrounds. We have a particular need for men, minorities, and senior citizens.
Become a CASA volunteer and be rewarded with powerful and fulfilling experiences. For additional information contact the Director of Volunteer Services at 447.9898 x1008.
Court Appointed Special Advocate Program:
- ADVOCATE WINTER 2014 FLEX LEARNING - Jan 21 -March 6
- ADVOCATE SPRING 2014 TWO WEEK INTENSIVE - March 31 -April 23
- ADVOCATE SPRING 2014 EVENING-WEEKEND INTENSIVE - May 12 – June 18
- ADVOCATE FALL 2014 Evening – Weekend Intensive Revised 3-18-14 - Sept 9 – Oct 9
- ADVOCATE FALL 2014 TWO WEEK DAY TIME INTENSIVE - Nov 3 – Nov 20
Supervised Exchange and Parenting Time (SEPT) Program
We hold our volunteers in the highest esteem; they are an invaluable asset to every facet of fulfilling CASA’s mission of advocacy for children. They provide passionate, extraordinary service without compromise for what is in a child’s best interest.