Please contact Jill at email@example.com for more information or to register for events.
Teen Life Skills Programs
Art Class: Painting. Saturday, May 12th at The Hanger. Please RSVP for the number attending and select the 1-2pm or 2-3pm class.
Graduation/GED Party: If you have a teen in foster care who is going into their senior year OR is graduating or getting/received their GED this year, please let Jill C. know ASAP! Our Graduation/GED Celebration will be on Sunday, May 6th at Broadmoor Community Church. We want to honor any high school graduate or GED recipient who completed/will be completing their education ANY TIME between SEPTEMBER 2017 AND AUGUST 2018. Please let me know their names and the best way to reach them, as we will have more information including inviting a guest to the celebration and filling out an “About Me” form so we can share at the event what their future plans are. Please note that this is an MFCF Teen Event so it will be open to all teens in foster care to attend.
Senior Pictures: Free Senior Pictures for teens in foster care who would like pictures for their senior year/GED. Dates and more information to follow but please send Jill C. names of teens who will need pictures for the 2018-19 academic year.
MFCF North Pole Foster Children’s Fund Festival: Saturday, June 2nd from 10am to 5pm at the North Pole, 5050 Pikes Peak Hwy., Cascade, CO 80809. Registrations are due by May 31 and applications and more information can be found at https://www.casappr.org/programs/milton-foster-childrens-fund/mfcf-north-pole-event/.
Don’t forget to check out the Hanger for all your prom needs! And if you need minor dress dress or suit alterations, please let us know so that we can try to connect you with a volunteer who can help.
Upcoming Teen Job Fairs in El Paso and Teller Counties
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018, 1-4 PM, Woodland Park Job Fair (Adult & Young Adult, 16+)
- Thursday, April 26, 2018, 11 AM- 3 PM, Cripple Creek Job Fair (Adult & Young Adult, 16+)
Please go here for more information about these job fairs.
Additional Hours for the Hanger
The Hanger will be open the first and third Monday of each month starting March 5th! Please enter through The Hanger entrance in the back of the CASA building. Hours will be from 5-7 pm.
Interested in summer camps/activities? Register Now!
Camps are already filling up, so be sure to find a camp your teen would like to attend and apply for MFCF funding soon, which may cover the full cost. We have ongoing partnerships with Camp Shady Brook, Eagle Lake Camp, and Camp Jackson for overnight camps. Make it a great summer!
Drivers Ed **UPDATED**
Drivers Ed and driving experience is a crucial skill for teens, especially those who will be emancipating, and we have partnered with Master Drive to provide different opportunities. MFCF funding may be available by applying here.
- 2 full hours of training with a driving coach at the Master Drive Driving Range Facility. These 2 hours are very concentrated with many repetitions. Your student will learn car control and precision, how to brake in crisis situations without losing control, and the dynamics of a 4,000 pound vehicle in motion. – $150
- Rental car from Master Drive if you do not have access to a vehicle for this class – $100
- The 30 hour online Drivers Ed class – $74
Tutoring and Guitar Lessons – Changed to Monday Evenings
Guitar lessons are now being held Monday evenings for teens from beginners to advanced skills. Sign up in advance to get your lesson time.
If you have a teen in foster care who needs some extra help, please contact Jill C. with their name, age, subject and grade level in which they need assistance so we can match them with a tutor.
Interested in becoming a tutor? Please contact Jill C. and make a big difference in the life of a teen!
- Queer Prom will be held on April 27th from 7-11pm at the Palmer High School Gym. This year’s awesome theme is Victorian/steam punk/tea party so the sky is the limit with the styles you can wear! Don’t forget to stop by The Hanger to check out suits, dresses, jewelry, makeup and shoes! RSVP to Maegen at Inside Out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have an interest in working with animals? CASA is working on a program to set volunteer opportunities at local shelters. Participants must be over the age of 13. We hope to launch the program in April so please let Jill C. know!
Milton Foster Children’s Fund Manager and Special Events Planner