CASA by the Numbers
CASA BY THE NUMBERS
CASA of the Pikes Peak Region provides distinct programs specifically designed to address the unique needs of abused and neglected children and those involved in high conflict custody disputes. Below are the numbers of children and families served in fiscal year 2015/16:
Dependency and Neglect Program: Judges appoint CASA volunteers to advocate for the best interests of abused and neglected children in the courtroom and the community. 554 Children Served.
The Life Long Links Program to locates and connects extended family and other supportive people to children in the foster care system, building a network of stable, caring connections and to ensure safe and permanent homes for kids more expediently. 103 Children Served/50 relatives found on average per child served.
The Supervised Exchange & Parenting Time (SEPT) program is a court-ordered service to protect children from witnessing high conflict parental disputes. 182 Children Served
- Number of exchanges – 117
- Number of visits – 2,279
- Reported incidents while utilizing program – 0
The Milton Foster Children’s Fund (MFCF) helps foster children where there are gaps in available funding and provides children with meaningful activities and critical services to build resiliency and self-esteem. The MFCF volunteer committee also oversees The Hanger, a store where foster teens are able to “shop” for donated clothes and accessories, free of charge.
- Children served through individual grants: 113
- Teens served through “The Hanger” Store: 407
- Teens served through Life Skills activities: 400
The Children and Families in Transition (C-FIT) program educates parents about the effects of divorce on children. 2809 parents attended.
Total Children Served in all Programs: 1759
- Court Appointed Special Advocates with active cases and Peer Coordinators: 264
- Supervised Exchange and Parenting Time Volunteers: 45
- Misc. Volunteers (other programs, office, etc.): 110
- Total Number of Volunteers: 419
- Total Volunteer Hours in Fiscal Year (reported): 26,328