Become a Volunteer
In court, lawyers know the law and have dozens of kids’ files; social workers know the regulations and have dozens of kids’ files. But a CASA volunteer has just one file, and what they know is that one child.
Submit Your Volunteer Application
CASA volunteers in El Paso and Teller Counties advocate for approximately 70% of the children in the foster care/court system. Our volunteers are an amazing force for good, but we need more of them. There are approximately 300 children waiting for a CASA volunteer in El Paso and Teller Counties. Our vision is that every child who needs a volunteer will have one. With your help, we can reach that goal!
Please complete the volunteer application. Once we have received your application we will review it and call you to set up an in-person interview. All CASA volunteer candidates must complete a thorough screening and background check.
Together, we can stop the cycle of family violence and conflict, not only for one child but for future generations to come. We look forward to meeting you soon. Thank you for investing your time in the well-being of local kids. If you have any questions, please call our office at 447-9898.
Court Appointed Special Advocate Program:
- Advocacy Training January 2018 – Begins January 16
- Advocacy Training February-March 2018 – Begins February 20
- Advocacy Training March 2018 Weekend Intensive – Begins March 16
- Advocacy Training April-May 2018 – Begins April 24
- Advocacy Training May-June 2018 – Begins May 29
- Advocacy Training July 2018 – Begins July 17
Supervised Exchange and Parenting Time (SEPT) Program
- SEPT Training Winter 2018 – Begins January 8
- SEPT Training Winter II 2018 – Begins February 2
- SEPT Training Spring 2018 – Begins March 6
- SEPT Training Summer 2018 – Begins May 16
- SEPT Training Summer II 2018 – Begins August 10
- SEPT Training Fall 2018 – Beings September 4
- SEPT Training Fall II 2018 – Beings October 3
CASA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religious preference, gender, gender expression, disability, sexual preference, or veteran status. Unfortunately, not every applicant is accepted for our volunteer positions. CASA reserves the right to deny a volunteer position to any applicant without explanation.