CASA continues to follow the guidelines set by the CDC, Colorado Department of Health, and the 4th Judicial District.
CASA is dedicated to continuing its mission throughout this pandemic, and we currently have the following protocol in place for the CASA Office and CASA Programs:
PROTOCOL FOR VISITING THE CASA OFFICE
The CASA office is currently open with limited staff capacity. The following protocol is currently in place:
- We ask you to please make an appointment if you plan to come to the office to ensure the staff member you hope to meet with is present.
- Due to limited in-person staff availability, the office will be closed during lunch hours.
- Volunteer interviews will continue to take place virtually.
UPDATE TO MASK WEARING REQUIREMENTS:
“A mask-wearing requirement for Colorado first went into effect in July 2020 and recently was amended in Executive Order D 2021 103 on May 14, 2021.
The amended Executive Order states that fully vaccinated people can go without masks in public indoor spaces unless the setting requires otherwise.
Unvaccinated people over age 11 are encouraged to continue wearing masks in all public indoor spaces where members of different households are present.
Masks are still required in certain settings, including in schools for unvaccinated students, teachers, and staff, as well as other settings which are laid out in the Executive Order. Local communities and businesses may have additional mask restrictions.
Everyone age 2 and older must still wear masks on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. This is required by federal law for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.”
THE HANGER/MILTON FOSTER CHILDREN’S FUND
- The Hanger is open for shopping during normal store hours. Appointments are not necessary, but there is a maximum of six people at a time allowed in the store.
- Hanger donations will be accepted during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8-5, except when the office is closed for lunch from 12-1.
- Curbside pickup can be arranged for emergency needs. For emergency needs at The Hanger OR through the Kids’ Closet, please use the contact page to get in touch with Jill Cheetham, let her know what you need, and arrange a curbside pickup.
INFORMATION FOR D&N ADVOCATES
- Advocates may conduct in-person visits with the children and families on their cases. Virtual visits are still an option and in-person visits are not required. The type of visit is dependent upon the comfort level of the advocate, as well as the child and caregivers.
- All court hearings will remain virtual until further notice.
INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES & VOLUNTEERS IN THE SEPT PROGRAM
- All SEPT Visitation is being conducted in person.
- The mask wearing update applies for all visiting families.
- The online CFIT class continues to be available. Please click here to view the online option. The in-person class will remain on hold until the courthouse is open to the public again.
CHILD ABUSE & NEGLECT HOTLINE
The children CASA serves could be extra vulnerable during the pandemic. It is very important that everyone report their concerns about the safety and well-being of a child or teen by calling the Child Abuse Hotline (1-844-CO-4-Kids).