El Paso County is currently at the Yellow Level on the state’s COVID-19 dial while Teller County is at the Blue Level. CASA continues to follow the guidelines set by the CDC, Colorado Department of Health, and the 4th Judicial District.
CASA is dedicated to continuing its mission throughout this pandemic, and we currently have the following protocol in place for the CASA Office and CASA Programs:
PROTOCOL FOR VISITING THE CASA OFFICE
The CASA office is currently open at 50% capacity. We ask you to please avoid coming to the CASA office. If you must be physically present at the office, please make an appointment. The following protocol is now in place in regards to meetings:
- All visitors will be asked health screening questions upon arriving at the building. If it is determined that the visitor needs to enter the building, they will be required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer.
- Due to limited in-person staff availability, the office will be closed during lunch hours.
- All volunteer interviews will continue to take place virtually.
- All meetings between CASA volunteers and staff members are encouraged to be conducted virtually only. The use of masks and social distancing is required for any necessary in-person meetings.
- All pre-service training for the D&N program will remain virtual.
- All other training sessions (including SEPT pre-service and in-services) can be held in person with mask wearing and social distancing. There will be a max of 16 people allowed in the training room. Because not all CASA volunteers will be comfortable with in-person training, virtual options will continue to be offered for continuing education.
THE HANGER/MILTON FOSTER CHILDREN’S FUND
- The Hanger is now open for shopping during normal store hours. Appointments are no longer necessary, but there is a maximum of six people at a time allowed in the store.
- Hanger donations will be accepted during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8-5, except when the office is closed for lunch from 12-1.
- Curbside pickup can be arranged for emergency needs. For emergency needs at The Hanger OR through the Kids’ Closet, please use the contact page to get in touch with Jill Cheetham, let her know what you need, and arrange a curbside pickup.
- The Milton Foster Children’s Fund committee will continue to meet virtually to review funding applications.
INFORMATION FOR D&N ADVOCATES
- Advocates may conduct in-person visits with the children and families on their cases. The use of masks and social distancing is required. Virtual visits are still an option and in-person visits are not required. The type of visit is dependent upon the comfort level of the advocate, as well as the child and caregivers.
- Advocates may transport youth. The use of masks is required, and social distancing by having the child ride in the back seat is encouraged if possible.
- All court hearings will remain virtual until further notice.
INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES & VOLUNTEERS IN THE SEPT PROGRAM
- In El Paso County, new client orientations can take place in-person with the use of masks and social distancing. The decision to meet in person is based on the comfort level of the staff member and the client.
- All El Paso county SEPT visits are transitioning back to in-person.
- The Teller County SEPT Program will continue to maintain normal operations.
- The online CFIT class continues to be available. Please click here to view the online option. The in-person class will remain on hold until the courthouse is open to the public again.
CHILD ABUSE & NEGLECT HOTLINE
The children CASA serves could be extra vulnerable during the pandemic. It is very important that everyone report their concerns about the safety and well-being of a child or teen by calling the Child Abuse Hotline (1-844-CO-4-Kids).