COVID-19 presents many challenges for families, businesses, and nonprofits the world over. The outbreak is also impacting CASA of the Pikes Peak Region. We are so grateful for our many supporters who continue to stand by us as we do our best to support children during this global crisis.
Please know we will continue to monitor COVID-19 and are working tirelessly to ensure we are following all guidelines from the CDC, Colorado Department of Health, and the 4th Judicial Court.
You can check this page frequently as it will contain the most up-to-date information about how COVID-19 is affecting the programs and events of CASA of the Pikes Peak Region.
CHILD ABUSE & NEGLECT HOTLINE
- The children CASA serves could be extra vulnerable during this outbreak with school being out and stress levels higher than normal for families. It is very important that everyone report their concerns about the safety and well-being of a child or teen by calling the Child Abuse Hotline (1-844-CO-4-Kids).
4th JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURTS
- Courts across Colorado are doing business on an emergency only basis. We are communicating closely with the courts as they navigate what type of hearings will be held. We are communicating this information to volunteers and staff who will attend by phone.
- Volunteers are staying in touch with their children through phone calls, facetime, skype, and sometimes in person if everyone is comfortable doing that. They are working remotely to complete court reports and attending court and staffings by phone.
CASA OFFICE & STAFF
- CASA is following the Stay at Home Executive Order from Governor Polis for the state of Colorado. While there are some provisions in the Order for human services, the CASA building is now closed to the public, and all staff will be working remotely. This means we will still be available to you by phone or email, and staff will be following up with volunteers on a regular basis.
SUPERVISED EXCHANGE & PARENTING TIME PROGRAM (SEPT)
- SEPT visits are cancelled for now in both El Paso and Teller counties as we work to set up visits remotely.
THE HANGER & MILTON FOSTER CHILDREN’S FUND (MFCF) PROGRAMS
- The Hanger is closed to both shopping and donations until at least April 20. We will reevaluate in April to determine if the closures need to be extended.
- For emergency placements during this time, advocates can please contact Jill Cheetham and make an appointment to visit the Hanger.
- All teen events through Milton Foster Children’s Fund and The Hanger are cancelled through April 20. Again, we will reevaluate and let you know if the cancellations need to be extended.
VOLUNTEER GATHERINGS & RECRUITMENT
- Continuing education opportunities, volunteer gatherings, and information sessions (including Dudes and Brews) from now through April 9 are postponed. If we decide to postpone additional events, that information will be communicated.
20th ANNUAL LIGHT OF HOPE EVENT
- Our flagship fundraiser, Light of Hope, was cancelled. The event was scheduled to occur on April 22 at the Antlers in downtown Colorado Springs. We are working on a contingency plan to replace the funds this event would have raised. If you would like to make a donation to ensure continuity of our programs, please click here now.