Instructions for SEPT Clients
Please note the following updates/process changes due to COVID-19:
- In-person visitation will become an option again on June 1 but will be limited. Virtual visits will also continue through June. If you are a SEPT parent, your Client Coordinator will reach out to you to determine whether or not you will have in-person visits or continue with virtual.
- In-person visits will be staggered so that no more than two families and 10 people at a time are utilizing the SEPT site. For Teller County SEPT visits, only one family at a time will be allowed. Social distancing and the use of different rooms will be utilized to separate visiting families from one another.
- CASA staff will facilitate all visits (both virtually and in-person) throughout the month of June, and staff will wear masks during visits. We hope to utilize SEPT volunteer facilitators again by July.
- If you are a bringing parent, we ask that you remain outside in your vehicle and staff will transport children in and out of the building. Infants and toddlers will be transported in car seats or strollers to minimize contact with staff.
- The SEPT site (including toys) will be sanitized after each visit.
The Supervised Exchange and Parenting Time (SEPT) program receives court orders, community referrals and self-referrals for supervised parenting time and exchanges of children.
To begin the process with the SEPT Program, please follow these steps:
STEP I: Contact CASA
Both parties must contact CASA to schedule an individual orientation with SEPT by calling 719-447-9898 ext. 1013, or in person at the administrative office located at 418 South Weber Street Colorado Springs, CO 80903. Each party will complete a separate orientation, and will NOT come into contact with the other party.
*Please DO NOT bring children to orientations.
STEP II: Complete Orientation
Parent must bring the following information to the orientation:
- Copy of your Court Order/Restraining Order/No Contact Order
- I.D. Card or Drivers’ License
- Orientation fee of $30
- Proof of income (or lack of income) – Food stamps, disability, workman’s compensation, social security or JDF 205 & 206 signed by judge, sworn financial affidavit, and unemployment wages.
- Other related forms
Each party is responsible for a $30 orientation fee which is due prior to the first scheduled visit/exchange.
Payments may be made by cash (exact change please), check or money order (payable to CASA), and credit cards Visa or MasterCard.
Payments can only be made in person Monday through Friday 9 AM – 4 PM at the CASA SEPT administrative office at 418 S. Weber street Colorado Springs, CO 80903. Over the phone with the SEPT Admin (719-447-9898 ext. 1013) or online at www.casappr.org (RED SEPT TAB)
Orientation Fees – $30 (Both parties pay unless court order states one party is to pay.)
Exchange Fees – $10 for exchange/$15 for two exchanges in one day. (Both parties pay unless court order states one party is to pay.)
Visitation Fees – $15-60 per hour. See fee schedule. (Both parties pay unless court order states one party is to pay.)
Cancellation Fees (Paid by party that cancels visit)
Full Fee when party cancels with less than 24 hour notice; fee may be waived if provided with doctor’s note regarding illness.
$60 – No Call No Show Fee for Visitation
$30 -No Call No Show Fee for Exchanges
Testimony Fees – $150 deposit, includes first 2 hours, then $75 per hour. (all non-refundable and require subpoena)
Copies of Parenting Time Documentation provided at clients request.
Notes are free once per quarter or as needed for court when requested 3 weeks prior to court date.
4-13 day notice: $50 and must be paid at time of request.
24-72 hour notice: $150 and must be paid at time of request.
Notes will not be provided with less than 24 hour notice.
*All requests for documentation should be submitted in writing to the client coordinator. If needed for court Request should be made three weeks before court date.
HOURS OF OPERATION
SEPT Administration Office
Monday through Friday 9 AM – 4 PM
SEPT Visitation Schedule
Tuesday – Friday from 5:10 PM – 6:10, 6:20-7:20, 7:30-8:30 PM; and Saturday from 12:00 – 2:00, 2:10-4:10 PM
Time Allotted for Visiting Parents
Due to the SEPT Programs capacity limits all families are given 1 hour per week for visitations.
*At the discretion of the Client Coordinator, all cases that are traveling more than 2 hours to a visitation will be consider for more visitation time.
The SEPT Program will do its best to accommodate the schedules of both clients and the children. Scheduling of services will depend on staffing patterns, availability of space, ability of the Client Coordinator to contact all parties, and the availability of all parties.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS:
To schedule an orientation or make a payment: (719) 447-9898 ext. 1013
To cancel a Visit or Exchange:
- (719) 314-5008
To speak to a Client Coordinator:
- Yvette Griego: 719- 447-9898 ext. 1017
- Karina Anderson: 719-447-9898 ext. 1013
To speak with SEPT Program Manager
- Kristeen O’Donnell: 719-447-9898 ext. 1028